Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Whiter Teeth = PAIN IN THE NAME OF BEAUTY





People talk about Chiclet white teeth as though they're a bad thing. I LOVE Chiclet white teeth and want them for myself. 


So, off to Target I went with a $10 off  coupon from the Sunday paper toward the purchase of Crest 2-Hour Whitestrips. The marketing on the package touts professional results, whiter teeth!, best product on the market. Yeah!  That's what I want!  Professional results at an affordable (relatively) price. ($49, but look for a coupon and buy them for $39)


I peeled the strips from the paper backing and easily stuck them to my teeth. These strips are indeed thicker than other strips on the market and stuck amazingly well to my teeth. I could see my teeth underneath appear to change before my eyes!  White chiclets here I come!


I pulled the strips off after the alloted timeframe (30 minutes) and rinsed my mouth with warm water. My teeth were indeed whiter, I was impressed. 


Then....an hour later all hell broke loose.


Holy Hannah it felt as though there were firecrackers going off in my mouth, one tooth at time. I quickly grabbed some ibuprofen and warm water. Still. PAIN!  Thankfully I had Vicodin on hand (yes, it was that bad) which I took and felt a lot better.


I also brushed with Aquafresh Sensitive toothpaste (way tastier and effective than Sensodyne) and rinsed with Act Flouride rinse which is supposed to help alleviate tooth sensitivities. 


 I did wake in the night again with the pain, took more illicit drugs and woke in the morning pain free.


It's a tough call. Would I do this again in the name of beauty? Probably.


But only if I have Vicodin on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment