Monday, February 14, 2011

Mascara Monday - The First in a Series

I have been searching in vain for the world's perfect mascara. 

For 25 years. 

As Bono so aptly sang, "I still haven't found what I'm looking for."

I am going to dedicate Mondays as 'Mascara Monday' and each Monday bring you a new mascara I've bought and tried. I also have two daughters who will also try the mascara and weigh in with their opinions. They will also serve as my mascara models. 

I am looking for length, volume, little to no clumping and some drama. I don't want a mascara that flakes or smudges easily. 

This week I tried Maybelline's The Colossal Volum' Express Colossal Mascara, waterproof. It cost $5.99 at Target. 



This product gave instant volume, but little to no lengthening. I had some clumping which I didn't like. This wears well through the day and is easy to remove with a gentle eye makeup remover (I use Boots Eye Makeup Remover). 

Overall, an adequate mascara, but by no means perfect. I rate it an 'Eh' and will continue on my search. 

Here's my model with the mascara on one eye, it's a little hard to see in the photo, but the eye with the mascara does have a little more definition and drama, but no added length.


No comments:

Post a Comment