Sunday, February 20, 2011

Different Shades of Kisses


My very, best friend neighbor does not understand my lipstick passion. She once asked me in all seriousness, "Why would you have more than one lipstick?"

How can I explain the way both the texture and color of a great lipstick can fill me with euphoria? The glee that overcomes me when the UPS man shows up with my latest order from MAC? The way a subtle change in lip color can set my mood and my entire tone for the day? 

I own a lot of lipstick. More than I can count and possibly more than I will admit on the off chance my husband ever reads my blog. He knows I have a lipstick addiction. I don't need to confirm anything.

I do have four shades that I love above all others. I tried to photograph them for you, but it's a little difficult to tell the difference in shades, unless you, like me, appreciate subtlety. 

From left to right:

1. Mica by L'oreal.You can buy this one at Target and it's my go-to color of women of all ages especially 13-year-olds who are just beginning to experiment.This color has a slight pink hue, but not too pink. L'oreal makes a great product that wears well, is affordable and easy to purchase anywhere and the color lasts throughout the day with minimal touchups required.This is the ONE shade I was able to convince my neighbor to buy and she never fails to tell me that she's wearing it when she see me. As though I need to be told. I am a color maven.

2. Bamboo by Clinique.This color was talked about in a book, "How to Look Ten Years Younger". It has more of a brownish color than the pink Mica, wears well and looks natural. This is a little bit of a pain to purchase as Clinique is not sold at Target, Sephora or Ulta and will require you hit the mall. (Once you are at the Clinique counter, check out their under eye concealers too)

3. Plum Dandy by MAC. I must admit this is my current favorite color and was suggested to me by another makeup loving pal. She said if I buy it, it would change my life. I'm not sure I would go that far, but it certainly has given me pleasure. This color is again in the mauve family, but it has a gold shimmer and I just love the way it brightens my face, especially when I have brown eye makeup going. I order my MAC products on line and always wait for a free shipping deal. I get the added pleasure of the UPS man ringing my bell, with a gift for moi! I like to pretend I didn't have to spend any $$ for this pleasure and at $14 a pop for MAC lipstick, it's hardly something to worry about. If you're feeling a little down and ready for a little spring brightening this is the shade for you. 

4. Tickled Pink by Watkins. I'm not sure how easy it is to find this product, a local hospital carries it in their pharmacy. I love this lip tint so much more than Burt's Bees colors. This lip tint is a sheer pink with a pearly white glitter, it looks great layered on top of your favorite shade, or by itself. 

These are my current top four lip picks you can find in my purse.

How about you? Let me know your favorite shades and brands and why. I'd love to have an excuse to buy more lipstick. I could never stop at one.

DISCLAIMER: I purchased these products. Your results may vary, but I think you'll end up loving these shades. 

No comments:

Post a Comment