Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rimmel Eye Glistener


I've been reading several makeup blogs that have mentioned many eyeliners/eye pencils are manufactured at the same plants, re-labeled and then sold at various price points under different brands. With this in mind, I thought it would be fun to try Rimmel's Eye Glistener. At first glance it looks like an Urban Decay fat liner and I was feeling cocky. Confident even. Big middle finger to the MAN who's trying to steal my cash. I'm SO much smarter than that.

Except. I'm not.

I picked up this Rimmel liner at Target for $6.89, the color 'Eyeful' is a light, spring-like green shade. I was so excited to see how it would look I peeled the paper off and applied it with the help of my car's rear view mirror.

I applied one line. Nothing. Not visible.

I applied more. Nothing.

I went to town and smeared the stuff heavily. There. I could see the color, I liked it OK, but didn't love it.

And here's what I also did not love. The feel. This feels like you've smeared your lids with Vaseline. I felt I needed a face wash not like I had a fresh made-up face.

I blended it a little with my fingers and this was better, but still not great.

This did not wear long, 2 hours or less before I needed to blend again. My lids looked like a greasy mess and I never did get over the "wet" feeling.

I can't imagine anyone liking this one. It's not even in the same ballpark as Urban Decay. I would NOT buy this again.

Next I'm going to try NYC's fat liners. I think I can get this fat liners at the fraction of the cost of Urban Decay with better results than Rimmel's. I'll let you know what I find.

Until then, I need to head back to Target. I have a return to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment