Friday, March 25, 2011

I Landed My Own Doctor Pepper


I'm always looking for a quick easy look for when I head out to the gym. While it's true I sweat like a mofo and most of my makeup is off by the end of the workout, I don't want to head to the gym NAKED. I must apply a little moisturizng, tinted lotion, light blush and something on my lips.

I never do anything without something on my lips. Even when I'm tucking in for the night I can be found wearing some Burt's Bees tinted gloss.

I was excited to find Sugar Plum at Sephora. I've read other bloggers like this product so this gave me the go-ahead to purchase. And at $22.50 a tube, I think it's a little pricey so I definitely needed approval before clunking down my check card.

I wore Sugar Plum to the gym last week. The tint gave me a nice, well, tint. Not gaudy, not too pink or red, actually just perfect.

I love the tube the product comes in, it's a larger than average width, and it feels like a strong metal. You screw the top off and I like this too, it makes the product feel secure, strong and maybe worth $22.50?

I say MAYBE because when I put this on I was transported back to 6th grade, where my ultimate beauty product was LipSmacker's Dr. Pepper.

Remember Dr. Pepper? It's the perfect stuff for a girl who is too young for makeup, but old enough to know she can't wait to be in 7th grade and mom will let her wear mascara. (BTW - this was my mom, for my girls I allowed mascara in 6th grade and now that one is in high school I BEG her to let me do her makeup in the morning)

Dr. Pepper gives the best tint. Not too pink, not too read. It tastes and smells sweet.

Just like Sugar Plum.

But, unlike Sugar Plum, Dr. Pepper only costs $1.49.

Verdict?

I would buy Sugar Plum again because I can afford to and I like it. BUT, I'm not foolish enough to not know I can bet similar results for much less money. Therefore, Sugar Plum for me and Dr. Pepper for my girls until they're old enough to foot the bill themselves. (Sorry daughter #1 if you're reading this)

No comments:

Post a Comment