Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lumiere d'hiver Reconstructing Masque - Ce fabuleux!

I received a 1.5 oz. sample of N4 Lumiere d'hiver Reconstructing Masque in my August 2011 Birchbox.

At first glance the packaging looks like something I'd buy at Aldi's grocery store. Plain, simple, bare bones and with print so small I had to grab my reading glassed to figure out what it even had in the bottle.

I had low expectations. Very low.

But then.

I washed my hair, threw the masque on and let it sit while I shaved my legs. Rinse. Towel dry.

And then.

Wow, my hair felt great. I've of course had this happen before. I get so excited thinking my hair feels silky smooth, but once the blow dryer hits it, it turns back into its coarse fluff that I need to curl or flat iron before I can be on my merry way.

Not with this product. I have NEVER used a better hair product. My hair dried silky smooth, it was amazing. It looked fantastic straight, it looked neat and tidy when I pulled it back into a pony tail. I am not kidding - I did NOTHING other than blow dry and voilĂ  - fabuleux!

I thought Google and I could talk about this. Do some research. Hear what others thought of this product, but he let me down. I can't find anything on this product. No one suggesting something better or comparable. No bad press or comments to be found. How rare.

So. I may be the first to tell you this stuff shames Moroccan Hair Oil and every other fandangled crap I've bought looking for silky gold.

This may be my Holy Hair Grail.

Here's the rub. I thought with the sparse packaging, maybe this wouldn't be a budget buster? Well, you know when something appears to be too good to be true...

5 oz of this product runs between $55-$58. The 1.5 oz I received from Birchbox runs around $20. I was able to get 4 conditionings out of the 1.5 oz, but you know I need the whole 5 oz.

Sigh.

It all comes down to choices. Save my money. Pay some bills. Or walk around with spectacular hair?....I bet you can guess what I'm going to do.

And I'm WORTH it and so are you. Really, give this one a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I was going to try and find a .jpg so I could show you what I am talking about, but it's dull people. Dull. Don't judge this one by the cover because the content is thrilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment